Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why am I the Luckiest man alive?

It's quite the claim, I'm aware. Luckiest. Man. Alive.

Well, there's the fact that I smoked cigarettes for 12 years and was able to quit cold turkey and preserve years on the end of my life. But lots of people do that.

I guess I could claim its because on my 21st birthday I went skydiving, lied about my weight, and yet my tandem jump didn't result in a Wil E. Coyote-ish Matt Slebos sized hole in the ground. But many have jumped and lived to tell about it.

I suppose it might resonate with people when I say that I've traveled a good part of the world, and lived in some of the greatest places on earth - but there are many more well travelled than I.

No, in the end, I'm the luckiest guy on earth because this is my wife:



this is my son:



and this guy didn't kill me:

1 comment: