Tuesday, September 1, 2009



Another draft in the books, and again Fillmore Slim was able to capture Matt Forte in the first round - this time making a reach for him from the 2 slot. I held high hopes of landing Matt Ryan to complete my all-Matt backfield (first time that was even a possibility...) but alas, he was snatch from me at the turn in the 3rd round. That's right, 3rd round. This was a crazy draft, with QBs gone by Rd 3, Defenses selected in the 4th, and so on. In a draft like that, its hard to stick to a plan, as nobody is following standard procedure. To top it all off, the cpu took over an put me on auto pilot in the middle rounds and gave me Joey Flacco, Ced Benson and Jason Elam (a fucking kicker) all before round 8. I wasn't too happy. All in all, my team is pretty solid, but we'll need to make some adjustments in-season to shore up a weak spot or two.

Draft #4 tonight. My own league. Should be classic. I'm in the 9 spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment