Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well, well - only 1 left to go...


2 straight drafts on consecutive nights, both from the 9 slot (9/12 and 9/10).

Have to say that I'm much happier w/ the 9 of 12 draft. Which is remarkable given how few players I got that I truly wanted. It was a strange draft, RBs flew off the shelves immediately and at the end of the day every team in that league has bright spots and holes...parity in its truest form can be found in Coast 2 Coast this year. Which means it'll come down to deft roster management, gametime decisions, and player pickups throughout the year. As it should.


But the 9 of 10 draft? Horrendous. Given that its a free league, and there is no money to be won or lost, I rolled the dice and went w/ a QB first pick - the estimable Thomas Brady - which wasn't such a shock. But on the 12 pick I was looking at a WR or a RB - and there was only 1 RB that isn't sharing touches left available - so I took him. Ryan Grant. Granted, (lol - pun!) that is far too high for him, but I had to have an every down back, its a roster necessity. But I passed on Randy Moss to get him, which was a tragic mistake. This is the least sexy roster I've ever assembled: Tom Brady, Terrell Owens, Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Pierre Thomas, Ryan Grant, Larry Johnson, Shockey, and the Vikings. My bench is, as usual, full of players that could pay off big or be complete busts. I don't love a single player on my team. I'd trade any of them without hesitation, which is a sure sign of a crap draft.

(okay, maybe Gisele and my wife would disagree about "least sexy" - but that does me NO good)



To top it all off, my dirtbag friend Anar made a reach pick in the 11th for no other purpose than to fuck with me and took Hakeem Nicks off the board, eliminating any chance that I'd have an ounce of fun in this league. So, to get him back I took the Bears D. Which is the equivalent to TP'ing someone's house who ran over your dog.

All in all - a downer. I'll be competitive in my own league for a change, but I have no shot in my brother's league, which is the biggest trash talking league I'm in. Which means I'll be slammed mercilessly all season.

1 draft left. No clue on draft position. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment